Monday 11 August 2014

Drops of Rain (Hale Brothers Series #1)





SUMMARY:

RATING: 

REVIEW:

I absolutely loved it. The story is about Ali and Drew, who had to face the unfairness of life at very young age. The author delivered the emotions with excellence that I felt theirs as mine. I loved Ali’s special connection with dragon flies and Drew’s freedom feel with swimming. It makes the characters, their story, and emotions all so true and beautiful. Usually in a romance book I tend to fall in love with the characters but it is very rare when I fall in love with MC’s love itself. I experienced it in this book. Also Ali’s passion for her future, career is something that’s rare in YA novels these days.



This young love is powerful, compelling, emotional and overall incredible. And when I mean compelling I literally can’t watch, read, or do anything until I finish this book. Not only I loved the MC’s but also the other character like Drew, Matt and their friends circle too.

And about Ali, I loved her more than Drew. Now that’s rare for me especially in a romance YA novel. Drew grew up with his abusive father, while it’s hard at least he’s used to it. But for Ali, unfairness is thrust upon her immediately with no warning and she’s got to deal with a lot yet she’s strong with the strength from her late mother and Dragon flies. She concentrated on dance with passion. She never settles for less. When she thought Drew was being mean to her, she got hurt but she didn't abandon her passion or self-respect because of life's bitterness. She’s an amazing girl and I love her a lot.

I loved moments that involved the appearance of Dragon flies. I cherished those moments for a matter of fact. And the time when she killed and cried over it makes this story more real and beautiful. The author made me love Dragon flies now. I won’t ever be the same when I see a Dragon fly in my life again.



Never the less I love Drew too. He always looked out for his brother the way he knows. I can’t blame him for not acting against his father earlier because he’s grown into it and until the situation came he saw his swimming as his way out. Also he never hated his mother for not protecting them, which made me love him even more though I can't say same with his mother. Nevertheless his empathy towards Cassidy is amazing too. Deep down he's passionate towards swimming but it makes me a little because most he see it as an escape. I just wish his sorrow gets washed away. Good thing is that it does.


With Ali and Drew together I loved them, their relationship, also the little family created along the way.
But why 3.5 stars?
Here is the reason for that. I found Cassidy parts clichéd and Mean Girls drama. And the way Drew and Ali first met. I loved their progress in love but not their first meet. When I read that part I got a wee bit irritated to be honest thinking that this is going to be one those ordinary romance novels. But thanks to Kathryn Andrews for proving me wrong. For a début novel this is brilliantly written with amazing quotes.
And I know the most dreadful part yet to come in Drew’s life. While expected it to be dramatic ( which I never prefer it) it was written with reality and truth. And I am glad it happened to Drew after he met Ali, because I personally think without Ali he would never have the strength to stand against his father.
I just want to thank Kathryn Andrews for making my first ARC book experience as a beautiful one. This book will always hold a special place in my heart.

Credit to Kathryn Andrews for these beautiful pictures

NOTE: I can't wait to read about the other Hale brothers.



No comments:

Post a Comment