Sunday 27 July 2014

Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy



Beautiful cover, but the beauty stops right there.

SUMMARY:
FIFTY SHADES OF GREY: When college student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating.  The unworldly Ana realizes she wants this man, and Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian’s secrets and explores her own desires.

FIFTY SHADES DARKER: Daunted by Christian’s dark secrets and singular tastes, Ana has broken off their relationship to start a new career. But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and while Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Ana is forced to make the most important decision of her life.

FIFTY SHADES FREED: Now, Ana and Christian have it all—love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. But Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice, and fate conspire to turn Ana’s deepest fears into reality. 

MY RATING:




MY THOUGHTS:
After reading this book I decided not to do a review because there are thousands of other better reviews about why it’s not worth the hype and several other things which I certainly felt too.

 But do you know what made me do this review? It’s the author’s incapability of receiving a bad review. And I mean, wow, I was shocked. More shocked than reading this book. And calling someone a “sad fuck” just because of their bad review. I mean Miss James never fails to surprise me.

 Anyways back to the review. Some say it’s a rip-off from twilight. IT CERTAINLY IS NOT. Edward may be a stalker but considering his inexperience with women let’s say we cut him some slack, because despite this fact he is a gentleman and not an abuser. So we all know the story of how Ana stumbles in to both Christian’s office and life blah blah blah I have no story to continue from this point because it’s filled sex, erotica, BDSM and nonsense.
 The funny thing is whenever Ana’s brain try to work out her situation, her horny side a.k.a her “inner goddess” shut those useful thoughts and make her think only about Christian Grey and time she had sex with him. Somebody please correct if I’m wrong but should a women only follow her horny part rather than her brain? From what I’ve read, Miss James implies that throughout the trilogy.

 And let’s talk about our infamous Christian Grey. He stalks but is it really stalking because he’s not doing that in person, he’s doing it through technology or Taylor. Last time I checked 
it still screams STALKING in any dictionary. So yeah it’s stalking.

Book 2: Miss James makes Ana to have a backbone and some sense from her actions in the prequel. For a second I thought there may be some character development but imagine my surprise when things go back the way it is. Ana seems to make a stand and Christian slightly seem to change. In this book I really thought there’s still hope that this might turn into a healthy relationship for both. Well that changed when I read the next one.

Book 3: Things go back to the way it is. Christian usually gets his way around people through money. In Ana’s case he uses sex. Whenever Ana tries to think about a problem, he distracts her with sex so that she can’t think through it. Great strategy. Even a small child could see this but our Ana couldn’t see this because she’s so innocent it seems. WELL AGAIN IT’S NOT INNOCENCE IT’S STUPIDITY. The flaws enlisted are only from the story and there are other well explained reviews out there to point out many of the flaws that I’ve missed. One may ask “Why read all three books when you hated the first one from the start?” The reason is I was really curious to know what had happened to someone that could make them this fucked up. And the end of the first book showed Ana finally got her backbone (which was just a cheap trick) and I couldn't put down this book. It was like a drug. But this trilogy is such a waste. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone, not even my worst enemy.
But let me come back to the reason why I felt compelled to write this review. It’s none other than the fact that the author herself. I just want to conclude my opinion on her with a quote.

 “If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” ― J.K. Rowling Likewise. If you want to know what an author’s like, take a good look at how they treat their bad critics not their good critics. This is what I strongly believe. I mean it’s one thing ignore critics but insulting them, I don’t have anything more to say. She may write good books in the future but she definitely lost her good author statement with me. Sad thing is it’s not by her words or books but her attitude.

And Finally

No comments:

Post a Comment